What Damages Can I Collect?

When you're involved in a serious accident, the medical bills may start piling up. But other damages will become apparent in time. Some of these damages include things like wage loss if you are unable to work or to work full time.

Under Oklahoma law, a statute of limitations applies for bringing an action against another party for negligence that causes injuries. Once you know that you've been injured in an accident, you have only two years to file a claim for your injuries. It's important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible to ensure that the other party's insurance company understands the severity of your injury case and that any applicable deadlines for seeking damages are met.

Call our Edmond law office today to discuss your case with a lawyer at 800-539-0652.

Types Of Damages

After a serious truck or auto accident or another incident that caused you injury, many types of personal injury damages can arise. Compensatory damages are funds that compensate you for actual bills and money lost due to the accident. Money awarded as damages over and above this includes pain and suffering. In a personal injury lawsuit, you may seek damages including the following:

  • Ambulance bills
  • Initial medical bills
  • Ongoing and follow-up appointments with doctors
  • Physical therapy
  • Chiropractic treatment
  • Pain medication
  • Wage loss (partial and full)
  • Any retraining if you can no longer perform work tasks
  • Pain and suffering

In Oklahoma, noneconomic damages such as pain and suffering are capped at $350,000.

Make An Appointment Today

The experienced attorneys at Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst deal with insurance companies so their clients can focus on recovering and rehabilitating after these serious accidents. Call our office to schedule your free consultation for legal advice at 800-539-0652. We are located just outside of Oklahoma City. You can also email our firm to make an appointment.