Cody grew up in Northwest Oklahoma and Southern Kansas. After graduating from Woodward High School, he attended college and ultimately graduated from Southwestern Oklahoma State University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice. He then received his juris doctorate from Oklahoma City University School of Law in 2005.
Cody started his legal career as a defense attorney representing doctors, dentists, nurses, hospitals, and nursing homes. Cody soon discovered that his true passion was helping hard working individuals who are helpless against the corporations and insurance companies calling the shots who appeared to be more concerned about their profit than people.
In 2016, Cody brought his vast litigation experience to the team at Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst where he spends 100% of his time litigating causes pertaining to nursing home negligence or medical malpractice on behalf of people or loved ones who have sustained personal injuries, or death, as a result of this negligence and/ or malpractice.
When not working, Cody enjoys spending time with his wife and children. He enjoys coaching his son’s baseball team and watching his daughter’s dance recitals.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice 50%
- Nursing Home Neglect 50%
- Oklahoma, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2006
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2007
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2018
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford, Oklahoma
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Britt v Promise Redeemer, LLC, 268 P.3d 542, 2011, OK CIV APP
Professional Associations and Memberships
- OAJ, 2016 to Present
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- AAJ – nursing home litigation group
Past Employment Positions
- Heron Fox Trout and Sherry, Associate Attorney
- Johnson Hanan and Vosler, Associate Attorney