Originally born in Colombia, South America, Brenda prides herself with using her background, employment experience and language skills to assist people in need. Brenda is a fluent Spanish speaking attorney who is dedicated to fighting for individuals who need a voice.
After completing her undergraduate degree in 2006 at the University of Central Oklahoma, she was employed at the Office of Juvenile Affairs and worked her way to holding the position of Assistant District Supervisor for Oklahoma County. After 9 ½ years of working within the Juvenile Court System, she was admitted to Oklahoma City University School of Law in 2016.
While at Oklahoma City University School of Law, she obtained numerous awards including: OCU School of Law 2017 Moot Court Champion, 2018- 2nd place in the Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition for the Southwest Region and was selected as a National Member of the Order of Barristers in 2019, honoring her courtroom advocacy. In addition to her success in the courtroom, Brenda excelled in her academic studies receiving CALI Awards in the courses of Civil Procedure & Practice and Immigration Law for obtaining the highest grade of the class and achieving a spot on the Dean's List. She also obtained her Health Law Certificate which required completion of additional courses during law school. She began working for Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst Law Firm as a Licensed Legal Intern in 2017 until becoming an Associate in 2019.
When Brenda is not working, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two daughters. You are likely to find them on a soccer field, whether it's a game, practice or a tournament!
- Oklahoma, 2019
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctor - 2019
- Honors: Health Law Certificate
- University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, Oklahoma
- Bachelor of Arts - 2006
- Honors: Sigma Lambda Gamma Multicultural Sorority, Phi Beta Chapter Founder
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Minor: Biology
- Putnam City North Highschool
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association of Justice (AAJ), Member
- Oklahoma Association of Justice (OAJ), Member
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst, Licensed Legal Intern
- Catholic Charities - Immigration Legal Services, Licensed Legal Intern
- Office of Juvenile Affairs, Assistant District Supervisor