Jacob is one of the most respected, aggressive and well-thought of trial attorneys in Oklahoma litigation today. Opposing counsel, judges and colleagues alike recognize Jacob's passionate and aggressive prosecution of cases on behalf of his clients. Jacob takes great pride in representing the victims and survivors of catastrophic injury and wrongful death in Oklahoma. Jacob's passion is to develop clients from whom he gains their trust, respect and admiration.
Jacob was born in Peoria, Illinois. He graduated in the top 5 of his class from Fairview High School in rural Northwest Oklahoma in 1994. He and his brothers, Josh (twin), Matt and Adam were All-State Basketball players at Fairview during their time at the school and led their teams to multiple state tournaments and individual awards.
Jacob went on from Fairview to Oklahoma State University where he was a pre-law major and went on to graduate with a BA in Political Science and a Minor in Business, with honors in May 1999. In August of 2000, Jacob was accepted and agreed to attend the University of Oklahoma College of Law in Norman, Oklahoma, where he regularly made the Dean's Honor Roll and also made a name for himself as a very outspoken and likable classmate. Jacob received his juris-doctorate degree from OU Law School in May 2002 and passed the Oklahoma Bar Exam in July 2002 to become an Oklahoma lawyer in September 2002.
Jacob then went to work for a small insurance defense firm in Oklahoma City for just over two (2) years before joining Glendell Nix & Noble McIntyre of Nix & McIntyre, LLP, to begin representing personal injury and wrongful death victims in Oklahoma. In 2009, Jacob proudly joined Glendell Nix to form Nix Law Group, with offices in Edmond, Oklahoma. In 2015, Nix Law Group joined forces with Maples Law Firm to form the new super power of Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst, PLLC.
Jacob takes great pride in helping the victims and families of those who have suffered serious injuries and/or death due to another person or corporation's improper conduct obtain the justice and compensation they are entitled to. Specifically, Jacob focuses his practice on representing the victims of birth injury and birth trauma throughout the State of Oklahoma. This includes cases involving:
- Hypoxic Brain Damage
- Birth Trauma
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE)
- Periventricular Leukomalacia (PVL)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Seizure Disorder
- Brachial Plexus Injuries/Erb's Palsy
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injury
- Permanent Neurological Injuries
As one of only a handful of attorneys in the country practicing in this very specialized area of medical malpractice law, Jacob has gained a reputation of knowledge, passion, respect and hard-work amongst his colleagues on both sides of the aisle and from Oklahoma judges. In representing the victims of birth injury, obstetrical negligence and labor and delivery injury, Jacob has obtained numerous multi-million-dollar settlements for children and their families across the State. Settlements that have made a huge difference in improving the quality of life for these children who suffer from the effects of hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), which include spastic quadriplegic cerebral palsy, seizure disorder, cortical blindness, cognitive limitations and other permanent disabilities. Jacob is also an active member of the Birth Trauma Litigation Section of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) - an exclusive group of attorneys across the country who focus their practice representing children who have suffered birth injury or neonatal injury.
In addition to birth injury litigation, Jacob also focuses his legal practice on the following other complex areas of tort law:
1. Medical Malpractice and Medical Error/Neglect;
2. Trucking and Motor Vehicle Accidents involving catastrophic injuries and/or death; and
3. Brain and Spinal Cord Injury and other Neurological Injury Cases.
Jacob is also actively involved with the Oklahoma Association for Justice's (OAJ) legislative and political activities and is an active member of the OAJ's Advisory Board, Legislative Committee and Executive Board.
Jacob is married to Tressa Diesselhorst, his college sweetheart from OSU. They have 3 children, who are the pride and joy of Jacob's life, Gabriel Jacob, Hannah Beth and Lauren Lee. Jacob's children attend Deer Creek Public Schools in Edmond, Oklahoma.
Jacob is also a rabid sports fan and a proud season ticket holder for the Oklahoma City Thunder, Oklahoma City Energy and Oklahoma State Cowboys Football and Basketball. When he is not working long hours at the office on behalf of his clients, chances are you could find Jacob watching his kids play soccer, tennis or basketball or, quite possibly, trying to sneak in 18 holes of golf at his home course - Gaillardia Country Club in Oklahoma City.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Birth Injuries/Cerebral Palsy
- Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy
- Medical Malpractice
- Trucking Accidents
- Severe Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death Cases
- Products Liability
- Auto Accidents
- Bad Faith Insurance Litigation
- Oklahoma, 2002
- New Jersey, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctorate - 2002
- Honors: Dean's Honor
- Major: Pre-Law
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- B.A. - 1999
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Business
- Fairview High School, Rural Northwest Oklahoma
- Honors: Top 5 of the Class
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers' Division, Member
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section, Member
- Oklahoma Association of Justice (OAJ), Legislative Committee, Member, Executive Board
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association, Young Lawyers' Division, Member
- Birth Trauma Section of the AAJ, Member
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Driskill & Jones
- Nix and McIntyre, LLP
- Nix Law Group, PLLC
Pro Bono Activities
- Gaillardia Country Club
- Oklahoma Arts Council
- Deer Creek Public Schools
- Northwestern University