In 2002, Ray Maples founded Maples Law Firm. The firm originated after Ray had been working in a large firm in Atlanta handling personal injury litigation matters on behalf of large corporations and insurance companies. At that time, he began devoting his entire practice to helping individuals who were helpless against the corporate giants whose only objective appears to be the bottom line. In essence, he calls it "profits over people." In 2015, Maples & Associates had more than tripled in size and decided to join forces with Nix Law Group who had the same passion for helping people as Maples Law Firm, the result was our firm today, Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst.
For going on 20 years now, Ray has devoted his practice to helping the injured person and focuses his practice primarily in the fields of catastrophic injuries, defective products, trucking accidents, personal injury and nursing home neglect. Ray has practiced throughout the region in several states including Georgia, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee and others.
Education and Family
Born in 1971 in Albany, Georgia, Ray obtained his undergraduate degree in marketing from Valdosta State University in 1993. He attended Law School at Oklahoma City University, where he obtained his Juris Doctorate degree. Ray has been married almost 20 years and has two wonderful children.
Rated AV - the highest rating by the Martindale peer review system for ethical standards and professional ability
Selected as a "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers which is limited to the top 5% of attorneys since 2011
Ray has written two books, "Restore the Dignity" and "Don't Wreck Twice" in an effort to help people throughout the country in times of need.
Ray is also a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, known for being one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to lawyers who have won million and multi-million dollars settlements and verdicts.
Ray has obtained several jury verdicts and settlements in excess of $1,000,000, including one of his most memorable ones for $3,000,000 against a nursing home and its owner personally - the 3rd largest jury verdict in that county for personal injury awarded in Oklahoma at the time
Over the years, Ray has been discussed and/or featured on many local news and national network shows including: Dr. Phil, ABC News 20/20, etc.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Defective Products
- Auto Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Dangerous Products and Drugs
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injuries
- Slips and Falls/Premises Liability
- Insurance/Bad Faith
- Oklahoma, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2000
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2000
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio, 2000
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2000
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Juris Doctorate
- Valdosta State University
- Major: Marketing
- “Restore the Dignity”
- “Don’t Wreck Twice”
Honors and Awards
- Highest rated AV, Martindale-Hubbell
- "Super Lawyer", Super Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Lifetime Member
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Oklahoma Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- All Oklahoma courts
- United States Supreme Court