Motorcycle accidents are happening more regularly than we think, especially in Oklahoma.
Motorcycle accidents may occur due to negligent and inattentive driving. Negligent distracted driving as a motorcyclist may be due to:
- Not paying attention to the road.
- Not wearing a helmet while driving.
- Not using their headlights.
- Texting and driving.
- Drowsy driving.
- Being intoxicated while driving.
- Violating and disobeying traffic signals.
According to World Health Organization, road traffic accidents are predicted to become the seventh leading cause of deaths by 2030.
You may want to be aware of negligent drivers by looking attentively at their actions on the road.
- Look out for negligent drivers failing to yield to other drivers when overtaking.
- Identify whether these negligent drivers are merging without signaling their indicators and making unsafe lane changes.
- Observe whether these negligent drivers are tailgating other vehicles in their respective lane.
- See whether the driver is swerving in their lane. This may indicate a drunk driver.
If the driver is driving uncontrollably, they may end up harming you or fellow drivers on the road. For your safety, you may consider staying clear of the negligent driver and switching your lane. If you do not keep a safe distance, you will not be able to avoid a collision and may be severely injured.
You may want to consider having your injuries treated by a physician. If you fail to have your injuries treated timely, then it may cause more discomfort and may cause a permanent disability.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a reckless motorcycle driver and needs long-term care, you may want to consult with an experienced lawyer. They can help you further with your case and might be able to get you the compensation you deserve.