We Hold Medical Professionals Accountable For Malpractice
Doctors take the Hippocratic oath, which includes the standard to first cause no harm to their patients. However, every year, thousands of people suffer serious injuries or death as the result of the negligent actions by doctors and other medical professionals.
At the law firm of Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst in Oklahoma City, our lawyers use the civil justice system to help victims of medical malpractice put the pieces of their lives back together. If you or someone you love has suffered an injury caused by medical malpractice, call 800-539-0652 for a free initial consultation.
Our lawyers have obtained millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. By holding medical professionals financially accountable for the harm they cause, we also send a clear message that substandard medical care will not be tolerated in Oklahoma. This can help prevent similar injuries from happening to other families.
Standing With You. Standing For Justice.
Physician, nurse and hospital errors can leave patients with debilitating physical injuries. In addition to physical pain and suffering, large medical bills caused by repeated surgeries and ongoing physical therapy can cause financial strain. An injury may result in a lasting disability that makes it difficult to work and earn a living. Physical injuries can also make it painful or impossible to engage in the daily activities you once enjoyed. This lost enjoyment of life can take a mental and emotional toll on entire families.
We understand that no amount of money can make up for the physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering caused by a medical error/hospital error. However, monetary compensation can help alleviate the financial strain caused by your injuries. Over the past 30 years, our medical malpractice attorneys have helped clients obtain the compensation they need to rebuild their lives.
Learn more about types and causes of medical malpractice:
- Labor and delivery errors: We represent families who suffer the injury of a newborn due to medical errors.
- Hospital mistakes: Hospitals are supposed to be safe places where we go to heal. Unfortunately, some leave with serious injuries.
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose: A delayed or missed diagnosis can result in missing a life-threatening condition at an early and treatable stage.
- Surgery errors: There are some mistakes, such as wrong-site surgery, that should never happen.
- Prescription drug errors: The wrong drug or the wrong dose of a drug can result in serious side effects.
- Medical malpractice statistics and causes: Unfortunately, medical errors remain a leading cause of death and severe injury in this country.
- Oklahoma medical law summary: This page provides information about the statute of limitations and other areas of the law affecting medical malpractice cases.
- Winning medical malpractice cases: We understand the law and know how to win medical malpractice cases.
How Is Medical Malpractice Proven?
To win a medical negligence case, a plaintiff must prove all three elements of his or her case:
- A medical plaintiff must prove that the doctor, nurse, hospital or other health care provider failed to provide care and treatment that met the applicable standard of care.
- The plaintiff must also prove that the improper care was the proximate cause of the injuries and/or death at issue in the case.
- A medical malpractice plaintiff must prove and substantiate damages through the presentation of medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, future medical costs, loss of financial support and other economic damages, and evidence. A plaintiff must also prove noneconomic damages to the jury such as physical and mental pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium and loss of quality of life.
The Right Attorney Can Help Your Case
Medical negligence lawsuits require the plaintiff’s lawyers to spend countless hours researching and learning the medicine in order to fully understand and adequately prosecute the case. Thus, it is essential that the victims of medical mistakes, physician errors, hospital errors, nurse negligence and other forms of medical malpractice obtain experienced, knowledgeable and competent legal counsel to guide them through the difficult and often uncertain world of medical negligence litigation.
The medical negligence lawyers of Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst have been at the forefront of this field for many years in Oklahoma. Complex medical cases, defendants’ experts, and powerful insurance company opponents and their attorneys do not daunt us. Maples, Nix & Diesselhorst is one of the top medical malpractice law firms in Oklahoma and the country. Our firm handles all cases with commitment, compassion and determination. We understand how devastating it can be for medical care to cause harm instead of good.
Our experienced attorneys focus their practice on representing the rights of the victims of medical malpractice and corporate negligence in the medical field. The law is designed to protect patients from medical malpractice and fairly compensate the victims of such. If a hospital, doctor, physician, pharmacist, nurse or other medical professional has caused harm to you or a loved one, you must obtain capable and knowledgeable legal representation.